#ReadIndiaCelebration2022 – 100 Days, 100 Crore Readers (May8-Aug15)
Is to make people READ (Something New and Positive). Its purpose is to raise awareness about the benefits of practical reading & problem-solving skills through the process called READ, THINK, ACT.
*Registrations: Students Click Here; Citizens Click here and follow the process mentioned in the section “Registration Process:” below).
Why RIC/Read something new & positive every year?
- Reading is Fun, Fashion, Nutrition & Fruition for the MIND
- Knowledge is the essence of life, and Independent Thinking is the way
- The mind that opens to a new idea never returns to its original size (Albert Einstein)
- All successful people in the world are readers and independent thinkers
- Read > Think > Act (New & Positive) is the simplest process for success and wellness
- A global platform for celebrating learning, knowledge & ideas
- Today a reader, tomorrow a leader (Margret Fuller); today a learner, tomorrow an earner
- Chance to win exciting prizes worth upto Rs. One Lakh & eCertificates
- Your chance to be a part of India’s biggest knowledge festival. More than 3.30 lakh students from across the globe registered for RIC2021.
Students – Category#1: 3-5 grade, Category#2: 6-9 grade, Category#3: 10-12 grade, Category#4: Undergrad & above; Citizens – No limit
*Note: This initiative is not for competitors or people who want to win. This is for people who want to celebrate knowledge and independent thinking. Competitors, please stay away!
#ReadIndiaCelebration2022(International)–100Days, 100Crore Readers!
Its purpose is to raise awareness about the process for success called…
- Read emphasizes 3 R’s
- Reading Non-Academic Books
- Reading Self
- Reading Situations
- Think focuses on 3 things that can be done to make progress
- Act emphasizes doing those 3 things daily with commitment
Students and citizens can register and participate in #ReadIndiaCelebration2022 (International) in 3 simple steps.
- Visit – www.readindia.info, click on “Login/Sign Up” tab (top right corner) and follow the below steps
- Students: Scroll down, Click on “Sign Up Here” – If you are a Student
- Citizens: Scroll down, Click on “Sign Up Here” – If you are a Citizen
- After sign-up with 4 fields (i.e. Full Name, Email Address, Mobile Number & Password) is complete, use Email Address & Password to login. Post login, pay Rs. 100 as registration fee if you can afford it, otherwise; pay Rs. 50 only (participants’ discretion) and fill all the details in My Profile section to complete the registration process.
- Read – Read any non-academic book or story or situation, or research on a topic (refer to the proposed list of 25 themes/topics below; having proposed, students & citizens are free to choose any book, story, situation, research topic of their personal choice which may not be in the proposed list for RIC2022)
- Submit – 2 files (1 Document & 1 Video from Upload Files section in Students & Citizens Dashboard; both files are mandatory)
- Doc file:A4 size, 2 pages (PDF or MS Word doc)
- Page 1: Summarize the message & learnings from the book/present views on the research topic / theme (Minimum 3 Pros & Cons + conclusion) in your own words (*Note: It’s either book or presenting views on a topic but not both)
- Page 2: Describe any generic problem (e.g. Air pollution, corruption, media manipulation, disruption due to street protests, river pollution, drying of lakes, lack of playgrounds etc.) of importance to you and propose a solution
- Video file:Make a 1 to 3 minutes video (Camera at face level, cell phone in a horizontal position, looking into the camera, speak with the face clearly visible & voice audible, should not be a readout!) about the message & learning from the book, story/research topic or the problem & solution starting with a self-introduction)
*Submit both doc & video files at the same time, if possible else one after the other i.e., select 2 files and click on save & continue from student’s / citizens dashboard (Upload Files Section). To check the files that got submitted, go to the Upload Files section and check if you can view & download them, no email will be sent for confirmation/submission.
*For students & citizens in India, Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, Bengali & English language submissions are allowed.
Note: Students of all nationalities from around the world can participate. International submissions only in English language.
Timelines for #RIC2022:
- Student Registrations – Starts May 8th and closes on Aug 15th, 2022
- Student Submissions – Starts May 25th and closes on Aug 15th, 2022
- Round #1 Evaluations – Sep & Oct 2022
- Leadership Coaching Sessions for Round#2 Qualifiers – Nov 2022
- Round #2 Screening – Nov 2022
- Grand Finale – 2nd or 3rd week of Dec 2022
Vision: Transition to Vidyavan (knowledge-based) culture from a Shikshit (literate) society.
Read India Celebration is an experience:
Only knowledge-based & independent thinking cultures can manifest into knowledge-based economies which pave the way to prosperity and harmony. This initiative is to sow/enhance seeds of “Gyan and Leadership through Readership (i.e., reading non-academic books, self & situations)”. Practical reading is the key to success. “No Reading, No Success” is one of the key messages of RIC.
Read books & ‘Self” to experience how practical reading & problem-solving initiates us into knowledge & independent thinking. All successful people and leaders in the world are readers. The connection between vidya, readership & success is well established, world over. Reading books broadens & deepens the knowledge base and Reading Self leads to Knowing Self (i.e., knowing our strengths, priorities, areas of improvements, path of pursuance, happiness, pockets of distress, ignorance and much more) and Knowing Self is the basis to Leading Self > Living Life!
*Remember, ignorance is bliss followed by distress. Independent thinking & gyan (/knowledge) are not an option for an individual but the only path to growth, prosperity, and harmony!
Nominated book for the year 2022 – READ.THINK.ACT Click to download the eBook: READ. THINK. ACT…and start reading to experience the un-teachable!
*Note:Participants are free to read any non-academic book/books/stories/articles/research on any topic of their choice. The above book is not a mandate.
Proposed theme/topic for the year 2022 –” READ, THINK, ACT” as a process for Success & Growth!
*Note: Participants are free to choose any topic/theme listed below or of their own choice. The above theme/topic is not a mandate.
Why this topic for 2022?
Most people read and act without giving it proper thought because of which they end up in distress. Information needs to be converted into knowledge through the process of THINK and ACT. The actions performed after “Independent Thinking & Read (Reading books, Self & Situations) give most effective results. Students and citizens must be aware of this READ, THINK, ACT process.
Evaluation criteria for Round#1:
- Step 1: Video submissions will be evaluated for a total of 100 points (i.e. 25 points each for content/insight, research rigor / depth in understanding & creativity as part of elimination).
- Step 2: Both document (Page#1 & Page#2) and video file will be re-evaluated for 300 points, 100 each for 3 submissions, and the criteria remains the same.
*A total of 100 students in 4 categories + 25 Citizens will qualify for round# 2 from the online submissions i.e., 25 each from all the 5 categories.
Cadence & Instructions for Round#2:
Step#1: Special feature of RIC 2022 for round #2 qualifiers (Students Only) – Leadership coaching sessions by experts
- Topic: ‘Purpose of Education’ by Dr. Pradeep Kumar Ramancharla (Professor, AO – IIIT, Hyderabad) – 9th, Nov 2022, 5 to 6 PM IST (Zoom Meeting)
- Topic: ‘Global Citizens and Leadership – New Normalcy’ by Raj Panishetty (IT Automation Head / Senior Vice President, Global Bank, New York) – 11th, Nov 2022, 5 – 6 PM (Zoom Meeting)
- Topic: TBC
Step2# (Audio & Video Screening; Zoom / Google Meet):
- Speech Round: Students must speak (without looking left or right, look straight into the camera and speak, strictly no readouts) for 3 mins each on any 2 topics from the below “25 Proposed Themes / Topics for RIC2022”. Speech should include min 3 pros & cons + conclusion.
- Topic#1 (10 Points): Students Choice: Students are free to pick & prepare on any ONE topic of their choice from the list of 25 topics below
- Topic#2 (10 Points): Judges Choice: Judges will give the SECOND topic from the list of 25 topics and student will have to speak on that 2nd topic (Note: Exception for class 3rd – 5th, they can choose to prepare on 2 topics of their choice)
- Questionnaire Round (10 Points): Judges could ask them any generic question or give them any problem (example: How to deal with trash on the streets, air pollution, lack of playgrounds, street protests, corruption, media manipulation, ignorant leaders, ignorant societies etc.) and ask for their views / solutions.
*All participants will be evaluated for a total of 30 points.
Out of the 125 participants in round#2, 4 participants + 1 wild card entry from each category (i.e. Category 1 – 3rd to 5th Grade; Category 2 – 6th to 9th Grade, Category 3 – 10th to 12th Grade, Category 4 – Undergrad & Graduates & Citizens will make it to the RIC2022 Grand Finale which will be a speech & questionnaire round.
*Grand Finale shall be organized in the 2nd week of Dec 2022 on similar grounds as round#2. Details for the Grand Finale shall be confirmed in the 1st week of December 2022.
Proposed Themes / Topics for RIC 2022 (Applicable for Round#1, 2 & Grand Finale)
- The Road ahead for Humanity – Knowledge-based Culture Vs Commerce-based Culture?
- Leadership Styles – Values or Valuables; Greed or Honesty; Service or Grandeur
- Entrepreneurs Vs Job Seekers (Risk Vs Comfort?)
- Creativity Vs Knowledge Vs Logic
- Top priorities for the state – Education, Health Care, Nature Care & Employment Creation?
- Merit-Based Society Vs Group or People Controlled Society – Pros & Cons!!
- Beliefs-Based Society Vs Independent Thinking Society – Merits & Demerits!!
- Technology for Evolution (choice) Vs Technology for Devolution (addiction & abuse)?
- Between Use and Abuse of Natural Resources – How to strike a balance?
- People in Policy – Courage (& the price to be paid) Vs Fear (& consequences)
- A Progressive Society – Is it People or State-driven?
- A cultural shift to nurturing creativity – From being part of the problem (/silent) to being part of the solution (think & experiment solutions!)
- Leaders – How to draw the line between need & greed?
- Is there a need to introduce a global citizen element in the school education system while keeping the local flavors?
- Indian & Global Education Systems
- World History and History of Religion
- Religion, Race, Politics, Conquest & Loot
- Difference between History & Culture
- Fixing accountability on countries spreading pandemics/global unrest
- The need for stronger & accountable global bodies to deal with 21st-century pandemics/global challenges
- Is there a need to add a course/subject on Emotional Intelligence as part of the curriculum for high school students globally?
- A student’s guide to preparing for the Unknowns & Uncertainties in life!
- Is Knowledge the only thread that can keep the world united & harmonious in diversity?
- Why do Ignorance & Intelligence go together in the “I / Self”? and how does one know from where the self is operating often (Intelligence or Ignorance?)?
- Are Ignorant Leaders the greatest threat to our planet?
The winners in each category will be awarded
- Category 1 | Grade 3rd to 5th – 1st Prize: Laptop; 2nd Prize: Tablet + Prize Money
- Category 2 | Grade 6th to 9th – 1st Prize: Laptop; 2nd Prize: Tablet + Prize Money
- Category 3 | 10th to 12th – 1st Prize: Laptop; 2nd Prize: Tablet + Prize Money
- Category 4 | Undergrad & Grad – 1st Prize: Laptop; 2nd Prize: Tablet + Prize Money
- Category 5 | Citizens (working & retired) – 1st Prize: Laptop; 2nd Prize: Tablet + Prize Money
Come, join India’s biggest knowledge festival, the Read India Celebration 2022, register on www.readindia.info, For any further queries, please feel free to call on Cell# +91 8688 120 864 or write to us at email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of participating in RIC:
- According to global research – “All successful people in the world are readers”
- Reading non-academic books is fun, fashion & fruition for the MIND
- Reading exercises the brain while reducing stress in the MIND
- The mind that opens to a new idea never returns to its original size (Albert Einstein)
- Reading improves communication, develops concentration, and enhances creativity
- READ, THINK, ACT (New & Positive) is the simplest process for self-transformation
- Read India Celebration is to empower the READ, THINK, ACT process
- Today a reader, tomorrow a leader (Margret Fuller)
- Reading books, Self & Situations opens one to knowledge & wisdom
- Your chance to be a part of India’s Biggest Knowledge Festival, more than 3.30 lakh students from across the Globe registered in RIC2021
- Certificate of “International Level – India’s Biggest Reading Festival”
- Your chance to make your voice heard on India’s National News Channel and on social media
- Win Exciting Prizes Worth Up to ONE LAKH Rupees in each of the 5 categories i.e., 3rd – 5th Grade; 6th – 9th grade; 10th – 12th Grade; Undergraduate & graduates and Citizens
- A person who does not read, think, and act independently can never be successful!
- Access to eBook
- Chance to meet Academic & Industry Leaders
- Leadership coaching by established leaders
- Enhanced Learning & Leadership Experience
- Continuous Learning Experience
- Continuous Personality Development
Enjoy the knowledge festival!!